Saturday 28 May 2016

Furzey Gardens

Being in the south for the weekend, we drove over to Furzey Gardens, in Minstead in the New Forest.


I'd left my camera behind, so experimented with using my best beloved's phone to capture the azaleas. It was odd when I came to work with the photos to have to deal with a different aspect ratio from what I'm used to.


It was the first time we'd seen examples of Primula beesiana, a type of candelabra primrose.


The gardens are beautiful – a real haven of peace in the New Forest. They are closely linked with the Minstead Training Trust, a charity which works especially with people with learning difficulties. Many vulnerable adults are involved in the activities of the gardens, and the whole project is a model of its kind. It's not the first time we've visited and we will probably do so again in July when our grandchildren are over. We were sufficiently impressed again today to take out membership.

0 comments:

Post a Comment