Sunday 19 April 2015

BBQ weather

We saw a picture yesterday of one of the boating bloggers with a barbecue on the bank. I've hesitated taking our gas-fired Weber to Erin Mae. It's bound to take up a bit too much space, and it's bound to get stolen, and it's bound to be difficult to get the gas cylinder into the gas locker. But we've hardly used the barbie since we bought the boat – we've tended to be away cruising during BBQ weather – so I felt bound to get it out this weekend and think again.


Confounding the weatherman, it stayed sunny and relatively warm. The food was delicious and the Weber worked a treat. So perhaps we'll take it to Erin Mae for a trial during the three weeks before we have to be back home for a weekend event.

Sitting there with a well-satisfied stomach, I thought I'd test out the panoramic function on my new TZ70. I just panned around from one side of the garden to the other, with the following result.


I don't have a clue how it kept level when I'm sure my hands were wobbling up and down, but it was very impressive. So we went over for a closer shot of some of my best beloved's tulips.


That's all very nice, but even more impressive was going back indoors and using both the telephoto and the shoot-from-behind-glass function.


I can't think how it does this given the size of its sensor, about which I blogged yesterday. But so far, so good. Let's hope it continues to impress when the weather is not so barbie-hot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment